Indiana Personal Injury Lawyer
The idea of being in an accident that results in serious injuries, long-term disabilities, and high out-of-pocket costs is a reality that no one likes to think about. At the law office of Keffer Hirschauer LLP, our Indiana personal injury attorneys know better than most how tragic serious personal injuries are, and yet also how commonly they impact people just like you. If you have been seriously injured in our state, call our Indiana personal injury lawyers directly today to learn more about your rights and options.
Our Indiana Personal Injury Practice Areas
If you have been injured due to the negligence of another party, we can help. Types of personal injury cases that we work on include:
- Auto Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Hit & Run
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Premises Liability
- Slip & Fall
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
The Elements of a Personal Injury Claim
When you’ve been injured and you think that someone else is to blame for your injuries, you maintain the right to file a claim against the person for damages. In order to win, there are four elements that you’ll need to prove:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care;
- The at-fault party breached the duty of care owed to you (typically, by doing something negligent, like speeding or failing to restrain an aggressive dog);
- The breach of the duty of care was the proximate cause of your harm; and
- You suffered actual damages–like medical expenses, lost wages, property damage costs, and pain–as a direct result.
Why Bring Forth a Personal Injury Claim?
Bringing forth a personal injury claim is a personal decision and one that doesn’t always sound attractive to someone who’s been seriously harmed and if focused on their recovery. But bringing forth an injury claim has many benefits, including:
- Receiving a sense of closure and justice;
- Holding the party responsible for your injuries liable for harm;
- Sending a message to other negligent parties that justice will be sought, potentially serving as a deterrent; and
- Recovering financial compensation that can help you and your loved ones moving into the future.
We recognize that filing a personal injury claim is a difficult thing to do, both technically and because doing so may be very emotional and even traumatic. Our lawyers will handle 100 percent of the process for you, providing you with the attentive and aggressive representation that you deserve.
Call Our Indiana Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Our Indiana personal injury attorneys sympathize with what you and your family are going through after a serious accident leaves you badly injured. We know that you have many questions about your future and whether or not you’ll be paid for your harm, as well as what you need to do to maximize your recovery. When you call our Indiana personal injury attorneys, you can count on us to work hard for you. To schedule your free consultation, please reach out to our law firm directly today.