Indiana Wrongful Death Lawyer
Learning that your loved one has been involved in a serious accident that has left them with fatal injuries is a completely devastating experience. While there are few things that can assuage your grief, especially in the immediate aftermath of a loved one’s death, seeking justice for their loss of life by filing a wrongful death claim may provide a sense of closure, as well as financial compensation to support you into the future. At the law office of Keffer Hirschauer LLP, our Indiana wrongful death lawyers are here to provide the support and legal counsel you need. Call us today.
The Elements of a Wrongful Death Claim
A wrongful death claim can be brought by the personal representative of a deceased person’s estate when the death would not have occurred but for the wrongful act or omission of another. Types of accidents that may warrant a wrongful death claim include:
- Motor vehicle accidents;
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents;
- Premises liability accidents;
- Medical malpractice;
- Defective product cases;
- Motorcycle accidents; and
In order to recover damages, you’ll need to prove that the defendant owed your loved one a duty of care, that the duty of care was breached, that the breach of the duty of care was the proximate cause of death, and that damages have been suffered.
Damages Recoverable in an Indiana Wrongful Death Suit
Our lawyers will aggressively advocate for your family’s right to recovery. Types of damages that are recoverable in a wrongful death suit in Indiana include:
- Funeral and burial expenses. You should be compensated in full for the value of funeral and burial expenses.
- Medical costs incurred prior to death. If death was not instantaneous and your loved one received any medical treatment for injuries related to the accident prior to death, we’ll make sure that you are compensated in full for these costs.
- Lost wages and benefits. When families lose an income earner, this can be financially devastating for the family. We’ll work with professionals to calculate the value of your loved one’s lost wages and loss of earning capacity and benefits.
How Our Indiana Wrongful Death Attorneys Can Help
After losing a loved one, filing a wrongful death action may be the furthest thing from your mind, and the thought of navigating the claims process could feel overwhelming. At the office of Keffer Hirschauer LLP, we will handle 100 percent of the claims process so that you can focus on your family. Our services include investigating the death, calculating damages, managing documentation and paperwork, issuing a demand letter, negotiating your settlement, and more.
Call Our Indiana Wrongful Death Lawyers Today
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence and wrongful act of another, you deserve to be compensated. While it may feel as though the world is falling down around you, you are not alone. Our Indiana wrongful death attorneys understand what you’re going through and we are here to fight for you. Please reach out to us today for a no-cost consultation. We can start working on your case immediately.